Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2017 Skin Modifier can't add bones

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
871 Views, 4 Replies

3ds Max 2017 Skin Modifier can't add bones

Hi ive been trying to figure out for the past three days why skin modifier does not work. I watched many videos on how to add bones and everything and then use for animation but it does not seem to work. Can you guys take a look at my model and attach bones to skin and maybe tell me in simple english what the problem is. Here is my model. If you need any additional information like screen shoots tell me. Please please help me!!!!!! I already saw some forums but i dont get what exactly i need to do. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cebollatartara
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a similar problem. When I apply the skin modifier the model shrinks. It seems that there is some kind of issue with that modifier.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I converted your geometry to editable poly and I was able to deform it with Skin and the bones that were in the scene. I didn't do deep trouble shooting after that.. but you might want to start there.
Message 4 of 5
sallymaltby

I have this problem at the moment - this is something I've done often before but now it just won't work and bring in the bones.  It's Skin modifier on top of a Editable Poly and there is no sub- object selected.  Would be very grateful for any suggestions - it can't be a bug can it?

Message 5 of 5
paulneale
in reply to: sallymaltby

If it is changing size that would mean that you have scaled your object. Make sure that you reset X form on it from the tools panel before adding Skin. 

If you can't add bones then there is a dependency loop. Is the mesh linked to the bones in some way?

Paul Neale

http://paulneale.com

Paul Neale

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report