Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creasemod.dlm failed to load Error 127 + Update Error

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
TuiKingdon
4677 Views, 18 Replies

Creasemod.dlm failed to load Error 127 + Update Error

Hi, I have attached images of the issues Im having with Max.

Error Loading Plugin at startup:error127.JPG

and 

With the 3ds Max 2015 extension 1 it says installed, but comes up in the updater at least once an hour saying 'uninstalled' and I go through the process again and again, this happens on two different machines, one at work and one at home.

Maxextinstall.JPG

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Daf
Advisor
in reply to: TuiKingdon

Do you have 3D Max or 3D Max Design? I've noticed that my application manager will throw up updates for Max Design even tho it's not installed ( I use regular Max). Maybe you installed the wrong version of the extension? Otherwise not sure - hopefully someone can sort this out for you. 🙂

3DS Max 2020.3
i7-4790 @4GHz • 32GB • GTX 1080/8GB • Windows 7 Pro
Message 3 of 19
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Daf

Uninstall the Ext. Go to the subs site and manually download the Ext - Browser Download, not the other options! Install - probably best to run the installer "As Administrator".
Got to be worth a try 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 19
TuiKingdon
in reply to: Daf

I have 3ds Max design. Not sure how to uninstall the Ext. Thanks fo rthe replies.

Message 5 of 19
Steve_Curley

Control Panel > Programs and Features > Locate the Ext in the list, select it, right-click > uninstall

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 6 of 19
TuiKingdon
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks, I didnt think it would have been that easy to uninstall. Do I just re- install it?

Message 7 of 19
TuiKingdon

MAXERROR.JPG

Ok I downloaded the EXT 1 from your website and when I try to install I now get this error. If I continue the installation just freezes.

Message 8 of 19
PROH

Have you tried restarting your computer after uninstalling and before installing?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 9 of 19
TuiKingdon
in reply to: PROH

Yes.

Anyone know how to fix the CreaseMod.dlm error?

Message 10 of 19
Steve_Curley

Not too likely - seen lots of errors recently about installation (products, service packs, extensions) but not on this specific issue. It's more likely an issue with your system, whether that's firewall or av or permissions or something else along those lines I've no idea. If it were a common problem I'd expect a lot more threads about it (there aren't).
I have SP2 and Ext1 installed - both installed without error, the Open Subdiv stuff appears to work correctly (no errors).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 11 of 19
TuiKingdon
in reply to: Steve_Curley

So the Error actually has a number - Error 127, I would assume if it has a number its known and can be fixed somehow. If "the precedure could not be found" is there a way I could get my hands on the Creasemod.DLM file and install it seperately?

For the record my machine at home isnt getting these errors [creasemod and ext 1 install]as it was before, but that is after a clean windows install and Building Suite Install. 

Message 12 of 19
Steve_Curley

Error 127 is a common problem, not just with Max. Google will show you lots of them, but be cautious about downloading and running those "fix" programs. Some may be legit, some may be scams or worse.
No, individual components may not be distributed, as per the EULA, unless AD themselves make one publically available.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 13 of 19
BenBisares

I personally haven't encountered this before. I took a look at our defect database and found nothing of note so I'm beginning to this this is a very specific issue.

I would check the following:

-Make sure that you are running 3ds Max under an account with Administrator privileges. If not that it may not be a bad idea to either change the current user permissions or create a new user with admin rights and reinstall 3ds Max

-Also disable any anti-virus/malware programs for testing purposes and during the install process

-Just for curiosities sake can you check and see if you have the "CreaseMod.dlm" file? (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\stdplugs)

Ben Bisares
Message 14 of 19
TuiKingdon
in reply to: BenBisares

I will attempt a reinstall. I am the administrator so that doesnt seem to be the issue, I dont run any anti virus software either. I am now getting more errors with the Autodesk Application Manager for other updates this time an error 1603. I have googled solutions to these problems and tried them all to no result.

I do have creasemod.dlm in the folder.

Message 15 of 19
TuiKingdon

Yeh still not working, even if I download the files manually and install, the install just freezes, occasionally getting a fatal error msg.

The 3ds max Ext 1 error is now happening on both my machines [home and work] it says its installed then 10 minutes later its back to uninstalled.

Message 16 of 19
TuiKingdon

Seems like Im not the only one with the problem, I found this thread through a google search:

http://forum.cgpersia.com/f13/autodesk-3dsmax-2015-extension-1-xforce-98657/

Im not sure if there are any solutions in that thread, but at least now I know Im not alone.

Message 17 of 19

Try to install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

(both x64 and x86)

Message 18 of 19
in reply to: 89901654

... and reinstall SP2.

Also you can try extract separately SP2 and Extention from downloaded patch and install SP2 after Extention.

Message 19 of 19
snguyen

I don't know if you've solved this yourself, but I just wanted to post my solution, in case anyone else had this issue.

I tried to run the EXT installer again, no luck.

So I did what I usually do when things crash with no explanation, delete my Max AppData directory:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015

Voila! No more crease mod error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report