Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLACK OUT

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
734 Views, 5 Replies

BLACK OUT

Could someone tell me how I fix this?
because my model is blacked out.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1056/ll2l.jpg

Things I have already tried:

flipped normals

modify > normal

added lighiting

verify the directory of the textures for the model

still nothing has fixed it.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

First of all, close Max and start a new file. Create a piece of geometry, teapot, etc. Does it look normal? If so, there is something going on in your other file. If not, it's a global Max setting or issue problem.

If the new geometry file is ok then go back to your problem file. Assign it a new generic texture. Does that fix it? If not, give more info about your file so we can help. Do you have any lights in it. What render engine are you using. Upload the file and we can see if it happens to us.

We need just a bit more info.

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RobH2

Ok,

Could you download the 3d model?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dznh6jlecsczvw/3dmodel.rar

Because maybe you can see something that I don't see.

Message 4 of 6
spacefrog_
in reply to: Anonymous

I checked your model and it shows up correctly in the viewport#
(besides this girl really has a well defined abs section on her body 😉 )
So this would be something in your Max installation or graphics hardware ?
what GPU/graphics card are you using ?

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 5 of 6
Stefan_L
in reply to: spacefrog_

But you do have vray?

--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1
Message 6 of 6
RobH2
in reply to: Stefan_L

I opened the file and it looks OK in the viewport. I do have VRay but my license is all of a sudden not working and I don't have time right now to fix that. But there is something wrong. It won't render properly.

Look at the photo I attached. It looks good in the viewport but the render only renders the inside of the mouth. I added some real lights, and it still does not render. I converted it to a Mesh and then flipped the normals. No luck.

I'll look at it a bit more in a little while but there is definately something wrong with the girl and clothing mesh. I added a box of my own and it functions normally. So, I has to be the girl mesh that is causing the problem.

woman.jpg

Ok, I had something misconfigured. Unfortunately, the file does look OK in my viewport and it "does" render normally. I don't know your video adapter but does it have enough memory? It sounds like an adapter issue to me too. Are your drivers up to date? Do you have another figure model that is about the same weight that you can open in a new file and see if it is normal. If not, then it's the girl model. If a similar weight model is black too, then it has to be your video adapter.

woman2.jpg

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report