Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old menu cusomization not working consistently

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marj.olson
511 Views, 4 Replies

Old menu cusomization not working consistently

Back in r14 our Cad guru set up our menu (the mnl file) so that when we started a new drawing and inserted a block it would ask what scale the blocks were to be inserted at (Setscale).

We have, and still use, the image tile menus which called up the Setscale routine.

Now when one of us gets a new computer and we load the menus and then try to place a block, we get an error message, ";error: no function definition: STSCL" and we can't use our tile menus to place blocks.

So somewhere the guru changed things from Setscale to STSCL but I don't know where or what it does.

Replacing the directories under "Support" sometimes helps but it is a bit of a guessing game and then, this morning, it didn't work at all.

Can someone help?  Do you need more information?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aqdam1978
in reply to: marj.olson

In major AutoCAD's version (2007,2010,2013,2016....) you need to migrate your customization files to new version.

for example, if you have a customization file for AutoCAD 2007,2008 or 2009, it will not work on AutoCAD 2010!

But making customization file in newer versions are easy!

Type CUI in command prompt and make your new customization file.

Abbas

Message 3 of 5
marj.olson
in reply to: aqdam1978

After further discussion, we have determined that our previous solution (overwriting the directories under Support) doesn't work with Autocad 2012.  It works with 2010.

We have made lisp routines, and cui partial menus.  None of it works.

Message 4 of 5
scot-65

@molson1 wrote:

After further discussion, we have determined that our previous solution (overwriting the directories under Support) doesn't work with Autocad 2012.  It works with 2010.

We have made lisp routines, and cui partial menus.  None of it works.

Not nice to overwrite directories.

It is nice to simply add a few of your folders to the existing list of directories.

You did not mention if you use acaddoc.lsp, acad.lsp, or MyMenu.mnl as part

of your third-party interface.

There are many, many topics posted that discuss such files.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 5 of 5
marj.olson

Thanks for the ideas.  I will do some more research on acaddoc.lsp and mymenu.mnl.

It turns out that when I load a co-worker's menu everything works and then I can reload my own menu.  Now I have to compare the two.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report