object count per layer

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
kameron1967
4930 Views, 12 Replies

object count per layer

Hi guys,

I wonder if you could help me.  When I go into a drawing, I'd like to be able to find out how many objects (polylines or blocks or texts) total are in each layer.  Perhaps a list showing the number of entities per layer would be nice.  Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Lee_Mac
in reply to: kameron1967

Here is a program I posted some time ago which should perform as required.

Message 3 of 13
kameron1967
in reply to: Lee_Mac

That's very awesome, Lee! Thanks again for your timely rescue.  That's exactly what I was looking for! LOL 🙂

Message 4 of 13
Lee_Mac

You're most welcome kameron! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Hi 

Can you report the lisp again because not it not available on the link. i am also looking for a same lisp... thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 13
Lee_Mac
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 7 of 13
kameron1967

Hey Lee - I wanted to tell you that I really love your entity counting routine.  It's  really great.  I think the person asking for it is going to love it also.  Cheers! 🙂

Message 8 of 13
Lee_Mac

Many thanks kameron - I'm delighted to hear you find it so useful! Smiley Happy

Lee

Message 9 of 13
braudpat

Hello Lee

I like your LayerCount routine but the result is not ordered ! ... and the text screen is not very useful sometimes !

So please is it possible to get an other version that will write the same result to a text file (.CSV) for example, and Excel will work ...

Thks in advance, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Hey @Lee_Mac , I know this thread is old now but I still would like to use your solution. Running on AutoCAD 2018, I'm new-ish to AutoCAD and am moving away from DataCAD. I don't really know how to use your file. I've loaded it into the Visual Lisp editor but I'm not familiar with running a Lisp. I've looked up a few videos about creating and using commands for a Lisp but I'm sure I'm missing a crucial point. 

Is there a specific command/prompt/input that I have to use to get the list of entities? Does your solution still work with this version of AutoCAD? Would this show a new column in the Layer Manager with a count of entities per layer? Thanks for any help.

Delane

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Hey @Lee_Mac , I've figured out how to use the command. The file still works. Thank you for making it.

Delane

Message 12 of 13
Sea-Haven

To load the file use Appload or you can drag and drop from explorer, you don't need to load via vlide.

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Just used this on a fairly large file and it worked great! Thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report