Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric Units -help!!!

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
481 Views, 23 Replies

Metric Units -help!!!

I need to confirm if the following formulas are correct: If my Metric Scale will be 1:100 => 1:Sc then: Viewport Zoom Scale = 1000mm/Sc =10xp Text HG 3 mm = 0.003XSc = 0.30 Dimscale = Scx0.0254 = 0.10 Ltscale = Scx0.0254 =2.54 Blk Insert Sc = Scx0.0254 = 2.54 Is it true... If you are a master in metric system please i will appreciate your comment. Thank you in advance..
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dave,

re: your response:

Reply From: Dave Alexander
Date: Apr/12/04 - 14:50 (CDT)

Re: Metric Units -help!!!
>>What version of AutoCAD you are using has absolutely nothing to do with being productive.<<

Dave Alexander
Keen Engineering Co. Ltd.
www.keen.ca

"madcadd" wrote in message
news:23380332.1081454513506.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com...
> Hi Kent,
>
> No I didn't have the dis-pleasure to be totally frustrated with AutoCAD
back in those days as I started with R12 (the last DOS version). Then R13,
(the 1st windows version). But I did since 1986 work on another simple 2D
program that had as many "No's" as you list for early AutoCAD. But I had
functionality with that simple 2D program that AutoCAD STILL doesn't have.
eg: explode text and the ability to draw your own font and map it to the
keyboard, then type with it. I created the Greek alphabet as it was not part
of their text library. And a simple toggle between units. You were not
forced to work in one "unit" and scale all others to be able to have more
than one unit in a single drawing. I switch back and forth between inch and
mm all day, everyday and would appreciate that SIMPLE toggle NOW. But
AutoCAD acts as if this were something HARD to do. Pfft... $50.00 software
can do it.
>
> So it looks like my pre-AutoCAD software experiences were a little easier
to live with than yours and OC's. I feel for everyone that had nothing else
to work on during the AutoCAD Version 1 thru R13 days. It didn't start to
become bearable in my opinion until R14. But to each his own. Something that
OC will never be able to understand.<<

Where did you see the word productive in my post?

Oh I see it, here it is. It was OC, not me.

Reply From: OLD-CADaver
Date: Apr/08/04 - 15:06 (CDT)

Re: Metric Units -help!!!
>>Oh, I understand "each to his own", I just prefer being more productive, and wonder why someone else doesn't.<<

See, you were mistaken. Now jump on him.
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous

If you are so down on AutoCAD why have you switched although that really doesn't mean anything. The main thing is why the whinning about AutoCAD. If you would spend your time learning to use what is there instead of complaining about what is missing you would probably be much happier. Don't feel sorry for me. If I hadn't started when there wasn't much there, I would never have learned as much as I did. There are still things that I feel that should be there but I have learned how to make the program work for me. > I feel for everyone that had nothing else > to work on during the AutoCAD Version 1 thru R13 days. It didn't start to > become bearable in my opinion until R14. But to each his own. Something that > OC will never be able to understand.<< > > Where did you see the word productive in my post? > > Oh I see it, here it is. It was OC, not me. > > Reply From: OLD-CADaver > Date: Apr/08/04 - 15:06 (CDT) > > Re: Metric Units -help!!! > >>Oh, I understand "each to his own", I just prefer being more productive, and wonder why someone else doesn't.<< > > See, you were mistaken. Now jump on him. I wouldn't jump on OLD-CADaver. We work in different environments, mine being the simpler one. Besides which, I try not to "jump" on anyone, only to offer a differing opion to those who come on too strong without any apparent credentials. Dave Alexander Keen Engineering Co. Ltd. www.keen.ca
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous

>>If you are so down on AutoCAD why have you switched although that really doesn't mean anything. The main thing is why the whinning about AutoCAD. If you would spend your time learning to use what is there instead of complaining about what is missing you would probably be much happier.<<

What do you think I am doing here? I'm learning and I'm helping others when I can.

Whining??? Who's whining? Not me! You jumped in late. Go back and READ the entire thread. Read a few old threads where I have participated before you accuse me of whining about AutoCAD.

>>I wouldn't jump on OLD-CADaver. We work in different environments, mine being the simpler one. Besides which, I try not to "jump" on anyone, only to offer a differing opion to those who come on too strong without any apparent credentials.<<

Again, if you've seen previous threads, you would know more about what you speak. Just try debating OC and if you have any hair now, you soon won't. I don't "jump" on anybody. I do however defend myself.
Message 24 of 24
Anonymous

> Again, if you've seen previous threads, you would know more about what you speak. Just try debating OC and if you have any hair now, you soon won't. I don't "jump" on anybody. I do however defend myself. Yeah I know. I love following his discussions. The man knows his stuff, doesn't go off on a tangent and his answers are short and relevant and correct. Dave Alexander Keen Engineering Co. Ltd. www.keen.ca

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost