Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating table with LISP? Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fk
Advocate
540 Views, 5 Replies

Generating table with LISP? Please help.

Hi.

I have a simple block that consists of a point and an attribute that contains the point number. I want to generate a table with point number from the attribute, and x, y and z of the block's insertion point. I want a routine that sets out the blocks and then create the table. The first part of the routine I have (in LISP), I need it to generate the table. I was intended to use the -DATA EXTRACTION but unfortunately it does not allow me to select objects (blocks). Are there other ways to do this? I'm using AutoCAD 2011.

Thanks in advance.

\Freddy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: fk

I am assuming you have the data written to a file all ready, just use (command "table") and the options there from to adjust the command to the path (link) to your file.

Message 3 of 6
fk
Advocate
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the advice but then you need a datalink. Is it possible to make a datalink from LISP, I see that -DATALINK is not an option. Using DATAEXTRACTION is great because the table is linked to the objects. If you delete an object or move one object the table can be updated with the changes. Pity you can't select object with the -DATAEXTRACTION command.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Datalink sets a name to the path to the file you created, so when you use the table command all you have to do is enter the name.  Just see it a dcl pop up within your program.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

See attached, created thru using the Data Extraction command with AutoCAD 2010.  See the help files for the information needed to create.

After going thru this process I would still prefer going thru Excel to adjust columns, cells and such.  But that is my preference.  Some of us are here to offer our advice or opinion on how to do certain tasks, but as you know, it is up to you to accept it and use it or not.  Good Luck.

Message 6 of 6
fk
Advocate
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

Thanks a lot. I will give it a try.

\Freddy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report