VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Color Programmatically to Listview Item Rows?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
355 Views, 3 Replies

Assign Color Programmatically to Listview Item Rows?

I have a listview in a form where I want to assign a color to rows where the row has a link to an entity in Acad. I have a way to get all the linked rows and stuff.... but I have no idea of how to assign a color per row of all matching listview rows (its a controls question I guess) ... I want to assign a backcolor of yellow for each row of matching criteria and normal color to rows where the criteria is not matched...

ANY ideas or solutions would be appreciated...
Don
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Don, I looked at the documentation for both the listview and listitem objects. Looks like it is not possible to change the color of a row. I would suggest another way to flag the presence of a link: how about using an icon. The presence of an icon indicates a linked row, the absence means no link. Gilles "Rudderdl" wrote in message news:22782359.1101848851271.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have a listview in a form where I want to assign a color to rows where the row has a link to an entity in Acad. I have a way to get all the linked rows and stuff.... but I have no idea of how to assign a color per row of all matching listview rows (its a controls question I guess) ... I want to assign a backcolor of yellow for each row of matching criteria and normal color to rows where the criteria is not matched... > > ANY ideas or solutions would be appreciated... > Don
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Listview items can have small icons. Why not asign a simple yellow icon to the items matching your criteria and leave the rest with a blank icon. -- Saludos, Ing. Jorge Jimenez, SICAD S.A., Costa Rica "Rudderdl" wrote in message news:22782359.1101848851271.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I have a listview in a form where I want to assign a color to rows where >the row has a link to an entity in Acad. I have a way to get all the linked >rows and stuff.... but I have no idea of how to assign a color per row of >all matching listview rows (its a controls question I guess) ... I want to >assign a backcolor of yellow for each row of matching criteria and normal >color to rows where the criteria is not matched... > > ANY ideas or solutions would be appreciated... > Don
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Icons it is - thanks.... I was succesful however assigning text color and making it Bold... Red Bold Text to represent linked -

an icon will make the client happier tho I'm sure - I'll make their company logo into a tiny icon (smoke & mirrors LOL)

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report