Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish for an update to Vault.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
229 Views, 1 Reply

Wish for an update to Vault.

We use Inventor and Vault 2014 SP1. When we make welding drawing, we place views of the sub-parts in addition to the assembly in the drawings. Then when we assign and release the assembly to Items, Vault attaches the drawing as associated file to the parts items. Then we can change the items to Work in Progress, check out the assembly and the drawing, delete one of the parts in the assembly, delete the same part view in the drawing, check in and update the item of the assembly. Now, a problem occurs (at least for us) when we release the assembly item. What happens is that the assembly gets locked but the drawing isn’t. This is because the item of the deleted part has an association to the drawing and this Item has state “Work in Progress” I’ve found out.

So I have a wish for an update to Vault. One solution I see is if you release an Assembly Item the corresponding assembly drawing should be locked no matter what. If this isn’t an issue I see another possibility. If you update an Assembly Item the program should check if any BOM parts where deleted since last time. If so it should check if these deleted items have associations to the assembly drawing and in case delete this association. I’ve checked and found out that if I do this manually the drawing gets locked also. So if one or both of these suggestions could be implemented to Vault later it would be grate.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Suggestions for Vault features or ideas should be posted here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-IdeaStation/idb-p/2

Then maybe post back here to ask people to go vote for your idea.  The development team looks at every idea posted and tracks them based on Kudos.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report