Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault- all options except log in/log out greyed out

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
314 Views, 1 Reply

Vault- all options except log in/log out greyed out

Hi,

I'm brand new to vault, but my company has been using it for a while now. When they tried to set up my computer with it, something didn't work. I can open and log into vault, I can see the add-in in inventor, but the ONLY thing I can do is log in/log out. When I open the vault application itself, I can see other user's folders and even access their files. If I try to open or check out files from other users, I get the error message "Vault was unable to set the project file 'CompanyNameVault.ipj' to the current project file in inventor. Continuing the open process with an incorrect project file may cause issues." Then if I hit "OK" it opens it up anyway, and allows me to edit and check back in as another version.

Further, as I said, I can see other people's files, but when I go to my own folder from the drop down list in the vault explorer, I can see my folder, but it seems that nothing is in it (even though I have saved parts and drawings in the vault folder on my local disk, and even though that folder is my working folder in autodesk).

The only other thing I can think of is that I am running a 64 bit whereas most people here are running 32. But I was able to install the application just fine, so I don't think thats it. Thanks!

Please help! I'm really lost.

-Johnathan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scottmoyse
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Johnathan,

You need to open up the Vault Client, find the IPJ file, and 'Get' it. Then in Inventor you need to set you project file to point to the ipj you just downloaded. When the cursor drops off the screen in the context menu, I'm selectin g Go To Working Folder

Setting Vault Project File.gif

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report