Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No local files with unsaved edits, but still unable to check-in

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ReneRepina
177 Views, 2 Replies

No local files with unsaved edits, but still unable to check-in

Hello!

We have a big assembly (~600.000 elements), which we want to check-in. We set the filter for "local files with unsaved edits". Filter show no files, which are unsaved. When we want to check-in, we cannot do it, because Vault message pops-up and says that there are 3 unsaved files. We use filter again and again no files with usnaved edits. What to do?

We are using Inventor 2020.5 and Vault 2020.3.7.

Best regards,

Rene Repina

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vandoren.david
in reply to: ReneRepina

I've run into the same issues before.  Often I found that if a file has been checked in before, you can simply close the file and it will give you a "Do you want to back check-in" dialog.   Other option was to close all files, goto Vault and perform a "Get-overwrite" on sub assemblies I KNOW I havent touched.  Lastly, I have checked in directly from Vault without issue before, even though it does warn you against this (do at own risk).

Either way, these are all work-arounds and I too would like to have an answer to this.

Message 3 of 3
ReneRepina
in reply to: vandoren.david

Hello @vandoren.david !

If file is "checked-out" by you, then this dialog is displayed, otherwise it is not.

Well this is a really big assembly, which takes a lot of time to search for specific assemblies, download, save, check-in and even then maybe we will encounter the same problem.

You cannot check it in, if there is local change. We are struggling to get it in for the first time, so there is no Vault version yet.

Thanks for suggestions, but we cannot use them in our case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report