Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution Problem 902

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1285 Views, 4 Replies

Execution Problem 902

Hello all

I am trying to model a simple bridge for seismic analysis using pushover method. I guess modal analysis is an essential part of the process but when I set the analysis mode to seismic (in modal analysis parameter) I get an error 902. I tried to pin the bearings and fix Rx but it did not work. However when I set the above option to just modal it works. I would appreciate if someone can help me out. the model is attached.

Kind Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Refaat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @pooria_panahi

1. Shell module should be used instead of Frame 3D module.
  2. I think the reason behind display the error (Execution Problem NO: 902) is that the negative eigenvalue has been obtained in the mass matrix. Therefore I suggest you to use the matrix type “ lumped with rotations’’ instead of “ lumped without   rotations’’ and for more precise results” consistent “ might be used .
  3. Disregard density option must be activated since you include the self-weight in the converted mass.

Refaat

888.jpg999.jpg

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Refaat

Thanks man, it worked well. but do I have to change the structure type to shell and analyze again or the results are now reliable ? I still don't understand why I get unrealistic deflection in the mid-span under just dead load !?!?

I would appreciate if you could also tell me how to define nonlinear hinges for beams/columns and see their formation and limitation, generate demand curve for pushover analysis ?

Best Regards

Message 4 of 5
Refaat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @pooria_panahi

Do I have to change the structure type to shell and analyze again or the results are now reliable?

Yes, you need to reanalysis your structure inside shell module since you have panels.

I would appreciate if you could also tell me how to define nonlinear hinges for beams/columns and see their formation and limitation, generate demand curve for pushover analysis?

Please, take a look to these useful links.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/robot-structural-analysis-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHe...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/robot-structural-analysis-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHe...

Refaat

Message 5 of 5
giovanilombardi
in reply to: Refaat

I was losing my mind trying to solve this problem. Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report