Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Beam

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1952 Views, 5 Replies

Continuous Beam

Hi Everybody, this will be my first post and i hope we'll exchange a lot of knowledge and informations ^^

So my problem is simple : Continuous Beams (altough i don't know if it's called like this in english)

in Autodesk CBS Pro, there is a command "Group" that can be used to say to CBS that those beams are one continuous Beam. I searh for similar command on REVIT Structure but without results ^^'

thanks in advance for your answers !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Anonymous

Instead of creating multiple beams from "node to node",  then designating them as a single beam, in Revit you just create a single beam element from start to end.

Joe

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Yes it's what 'im doing, but when doing this you can't edit every single beam, i mean for example if we have a different heigh for each beam.

Message 4 of 6
awes

Welcome to the forum!

Depending on what you're aiming for I have two suggestions:

1) Draw your beam elements and let them join. Select them all and Create > Group (GP). Name it "Continuous Beam"

2) Draw your beam elements and let them join. Select them all and Create > Assembly. Name it " Continuous Beam"

You can edit your group or assembly.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I tried both Group And Asemble, when i export my model to Autodesk Concrete Building Structure (2013 same version) he just consider them as separate beams.

More than this, when i put a single long beam and export the model to CBS, after calculating CBS divide my single beam to multiple beams depending on column number, but when i go to REVIT and update my model from CBS it doesn't split, as if it's always just one beam !!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

im still not sure ?! how do u put a support in the middle of the continous beam ?!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report