Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Beam

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1983 Views, 5 Replies

Continuous Beam

Hi Everybody, this will be my first post and i hope we'll exchange a lot of knowledge and informations ^^

So my problem is simple : Continuous Beams (altough i don't know if it's called like this in english)

in Autodesk CBS Pro, there is a command "Group" that can be used to say to CBS that those beams are one continuous Beam. I searh for similar command on REVIT Structure but without results ^^'

thanks in advance for your answers !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Anonymous

Instead of creating multiple beams from "node to node",  then designating them as a single beam, in Revit you just create a single beam element from start to end.

Joe

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Yes it's what 'im doing, but when doing this you can't edit every single beam, i mean for example if we have a different heigh for each beam.

Message 4 of 6
awes

Welcome to the forum!

Depending on what you're aiming for I have two suggestions:

1) Draw your beam elements and let them join. Select them all and Create > Group (GP). Name it "Continuous Beam"

2) Draw your beam elements and let them join. Select them all and Create > Assembly. Name it " Continuous Beam"

You can edit your group or assembly.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I tried both Group And Asemble, when i export my model to Autodesk Concrete Building Structure (2013 same version) he just consider them as separate beams.

More than this, when i put a single long beam and export the model to CBS, after calculating CBS divide my single beam to multiple beams depending on column number, but when i go to REVIT and update my model from CBS it doesn't split, as if it's always just one beam !!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

im still not sure ?! how do u put a support in the middle of the continous beam ?!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report