Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use load divisor function in Revit 2023

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sagargupta_satrasala
127 Views, 3 Replies

How to use load divisor function in Revit 2023

Hi,

I am working with Revit Sofistik 2023 and I want to divide the load I have given to the whole building to individual rooms. I referred some videos which suggested me to use the modelline option then use the SOF_LoadDIV model line. But I cannot find it in the modelline option. Can anyone help me with this? Is there someother way to do it?

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

From reading the help from Sofistik

Loads > Load Pattern - SOFiSTiK Analysis + Design 2023

Is it simply that you have to create Model Lines to define rooms or Pattern Areas so the sofistik tool can identify such regions?

Help | Place a Model Line | Autodesk

From 

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 4

I have to see the deformation in sofistik in each room individuallly. So, I have divide the load appplied on the whole building and divide it for each room. I have attached two pictures below to show the difference:

Message 4 of 4

My understanding from the Load Pattern Tool in Sofistik is that you create Revit model Lines to define Area/Divisions (these would be rooms for you).  You then run the Load Pattern Tool > Select the Area Load to be Divided and then Click on the Model Lines to Define the Areas/Rooms/boundary and this adds a new Parameter called SOF_LoadDIV into the model called which is an automatically calculated Value of the Whole Area Load divided into these specific areas.

IF i have missed the point maybe it is something you need to discuss with Sofistik as it is their addin?

It a shame you could not use Rooms/Spaces/Zones/Areas boundary automatically as this would make life a lot easier.

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report