Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Raceway

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CoreyDaun
1940 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Raceway

We have to show a good amount of surface raceway. I have heard of a couple of methods (such as using ductwork) and I wanted to see if anyone found a solid method before I dive into it.

Thanks.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Create a raceway profile and than model an inplace sweep family using that profile.

Message 3 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I definitely agree that is the simplest and easiest way, and normally I think I would do it like that. However, on this project (and others) we have to show some detail, but not a huge amount.

What is your opinion on creating surface raceway from a duct system? I tinkered around with the following:

Created fittings (just an elbow thus far), added sizes of raceway to duct list, and created a system. I created a raceway endcap that is face-based, acting as a wall-anchor and a starting place for drawing the duct. Then created a device as a duct accessory (duplex receptacle) and added a duct connector with the chosen connector size. The device breaks nicely into the "duct". So far I don't foresee any significant complications, but I am far from omnipotent.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

The duct way is definitely going to give you more intelligence for your intent and design. If you need to have connection points and logical systems than I would agree with the system family approach rather than a stripped in place family.

Brings you back to the days of no conduit and cable tray huh. Do what you have to do and make it work.

Your on the right track. Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I appreciate your input and insight. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report