Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Lighting Analysis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
467 Views, 4 Replies

Space Lighting Analysis

I am trying to follow the Revit electrical tutorial with creating a lighting analysis schedule in a real world project. I've made my schedule and placed my lights in the plan but Revit is not calculating the Average Estimated Illumination for the spaces. My gut feeling is this is happening because each discipline has a seperate central file: Architect, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical. However, I do have the "space" in my drawing created but I still can't get the numbers to come up. Any help is greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Whew, where to start on this.

1. Make sure your light fixtures have an IES file referenced.
2. Make sure your space goes up to the structural deck (or atleast high enough so that the light fixtures are within the space).

Those are most common reasons...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks! The space created in my file was 8' and the actuall ceiling was 10' which put my light above the ceiling. I just now have to figure out how the architect got the spaces in my drawing. Wish we had one central file, probably solve most of my problems. ~ Day 6 Revit User
Message 4 of 5
dennis

I use to have a '66 Galaxy, loved that car. Ran it to death til the drive shaft fell out on I-75 Northbound. Got it fixed and sold it....but I sure miss it sometimes.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I had a 67 Galaxie two door hardtop with a 390cu in V8, sold it 10yrs ago when I moved across country, big mistake, one day I'll get another one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report