Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RME 2012 - Filtering Piping systems using Type Comments

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2753 Views, 2 Replies

RME 2012 - Filtering Piping systems using Type Comments

Hi all

Anyone know if this is possible and how to get it to work? I have set up Piping systems using this parameter to group the various systems onto documentation views - i.e MECH-GAS would be used to isolate gas pipework in a documentation view. I then combine this filter with another one that turns off any piping system that does not contain MECH in the Type Comments. I have tried different categories ranging from all piping categories to just Piping Systems.

Unfortunately this method doesn't seem to work. Anyone got any ideas where I am going wrong or if it is possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I see what what mean, and that doesn't seem to want to work. Since the Piping Systems isn't really a visible Element, turning it off seems to do no good. Would you be able to add a "key" to the System Name for the View Filter to find? (i.e. "(MG)" suffix for Mechanical Gas)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ha ha - I had a feeling you would be the first to comment.

I used to filter by system parameters within piping or duct systems, such as using the system name or classification, etc. but wanted to try avoid this and produce a template that had more control than normal and not rely on users naming systems in a way to get filters to work (especially as the filters are very sensitive). I was trying to set something up so new user get on a design/model and the template automatically controls the displays.

I thought (stupidly) that a simple yet effective way would be to use a Type Comment parameter as it doesn't get used for anything really. That way I could free up description and abbreviation as the basis for company tagging of system names/abbreviations.

Perhaps I'm thinking too hard about getting the template to work better for me. Anyway, if ADSK could get this to work then I'm sure it would be a very useful tool.

In the meantime, looks like I have to take a step backwards to the old way or as you say - add an un-necessary project parameter to get this to work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report