Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plumbing Fixture - Built in Parameters?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
954 Views, 3 Replies

Plumbing Fixture - Built in Parameters?

I have created a bunch of plumbing fixture families that work well. I started to add our shared parameters to them this morning and noticed that there are pre-existing parameters. (See attached image.) Does anyone know what these are for? I am especially intrigued by the Yes/No parameters that you have to double-click to change.

Thanks for any insight.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree.. I have tried multilple ideas to use them but have had no luck. I don't know what they are for.
Good Luck
Message 3 of 4
jason.martin
in reply to: Anonymous

All of the "connection" parameters that you refer to were created for plumbing fixtures before Revit MEP existed and have been left "in place" for whatever the Architects originally used them for. They provide no real "functionality" as far as Revit MEP is concerned.

The fixture unit parameters should be mapped to the fixture unit parameters on the individual connectors that you add to the family (and the out of the box content "should" be configured this way), so that you can change the fixture unit values without having to edit the connector information.

hth

jason
Message 4 of 4

This item is still actual, 9 years after. These parameters are completely useless – you can't use or edit them in project, no meter the type of view, or template you operate. What is worse: they are visible in schedules, but they are not checked even though it's automatically done while you create this kind of family…

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report