Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
871 Views, 13 Replies

Parameters

Hopefully this is an easy one. I need to remove the diameter symbol from my pipe tags. (ex. of what I need... 3/4" HWS). Also same question for inches ( " ) on ductwork (ex. 12x12). When I go to edit the family and try to modify the label there is nothing there to edit. Any advice out there?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
asommer
in reply to: Anonymous

Manage Tab- MEP Settings- Mechanical Settings- Under "Pipe Settings', there is a "Pipe Size Suffix" setting,  just clear it.  Same with "Duct Settings".

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: asommer

Thanks! Worked great for the diameter symbols. However for ductwork there is no (") in the Duct Settings anywhere.

Message 4 of 14
asommer

What Version are you running?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

REVIT MEP 2011, Build 20100903_2115(x64)
Web Update 2 Service Pack

Message 6 of 14
asommer

Should be there, Mechanical Settings / "Duct Settings" / Rectangular Duct Size Suffix

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

It is there...and it's blank. (See attached) I just need to get rid of the inch symbol ( " ) so my duct tags look like this... 12x12. I'm sure it's something simple, just a matter of finding it....thanks.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

I honestly don't know if this is possible yet. Under the Manage Tab>Project Units there are some items where you can select "none" for unit symbol but that option is not available under the HVAC Discipline for duct size.

Message 9 of 14
Martin__Schmid

Could be your tag definition is defined using a label with Width " x Height " instead of just Size

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 14
asommer

I believe that is it, I remember doing this years ago, I still had to change that on the tag.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

The parameter unit settings are under Project Units / HVAC / Duct Size.  The trick is to change the units from feet and fractional inches to decimal inches, then the option comes up to set the units to none.

I agonized over this for a long time, so I am glad someone asked about it!

Attached screen shots may be helpful.Duct Size Units-1.jpgDuct Size Units-2.jpg

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

The Tag Definition / Parameter Name is "Size". I've tried changing parameters...specifically using Height, Width...no luck there either. I'm about to write this off as another "Revit Mystery".

Thanks for trying tho!

Message 13 of 14
Martin__Schmid

Try this:

http://www.screencast.com/users/MartinSchmidADSK/folders/Jing/media/08360d6c-be19-4d9b-9be0-b7d1cc06...

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Excellent! Thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report