Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit Schedule

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
871 Views, 5 Replies

Circuit Schedule

I am trying to develop a circuit schedule (to export to Excel) wich will list all of the circuit numbers, including spares and spaces. At present, it is only listing the circuits with a load name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

That's simply because Spares and Spaces are not Electrical Circuits. Really, they're not even truly existent entities; they belong solely within the Panel Schedule much in the same way that a Calculated Value only exists within a Schedule. This means that there is really no way to report that information in a such a schedule.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It seems like we need to purchase third party software in order to export circuit or panel schedule data to Excel. Any recommendations?

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

I haven't come across the need to export Panel Schedules, so I don't have a recommendation for that. I'd suggest searching here, on a general internet search, or over on AUGI.com to see if you can find any info on that.

I have, however, needed to export a standard Revit Schedule a couple of times, but I didn't use a third-party add-in. With a Schedule View open, you can go to the Application Menu (the big 'R') ▼ Export » Reports » Schedule. This will export the Schedule in a delimited text file (.txt) which can be easily imported into Microsoft Excel. A dialog box following the export command will let you control the export settings. From Excel, use the "From Text" command under the Data tab on the Ribbon and it'll walk you nicely through the import process.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have been able to export sechedules for quantities and lengths using the method you outlined, and it works nicely. My employer is an electrical contractor and our current project is a design build mixed use building. We work with an engineer who is not Revit wise and wanted the panel schedules in Excel. After circuiting them in Revit we copy pasted the data into Excel for him to apply diversity factors etcetera. Since we were able to layout typical units we did not create panel schedules for all of the 112 residences. I was trying to use the circuit schedule to export the typical residential panel information and develop panel directories for each one. It is also a means to determine what we need to do diffently with our next project, which is larger and more complicated. Thanks for your response.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I've been having the same issue. Some clients insist on using Excel for all schedules. With a little magic, I've created Excel panel schedules from exported circuit schedules, but the lack of spares and spaces is a real setback. The only thing I can do is fill in the spares by hand in the spreadsheet, but that can take hours for even one project. I don't have a solution, but I'm stoppping in to tell you that you're not the only one that has issues with scheduling. I would think that the Revit philosophy would be to have everything as a real object that can be scheduled, but spares barely exist as far as the model is concerned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report