Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe fittings rotation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
7444 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe fittings rotation

Is there a way to rotate pipe fittings, say at Tee 45 degrees on the X-axis, the way pipe fitters and plumbers would install the pipe?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
julianjameson8403
in reply to: Anonymous

Either draw a section and rotate it there or try selecting the 2 pipes you want to join and using the routing solutions option, as this will often take out the hassle of trying to get the two pipe ends joined.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
dennis

Using the "section view" and the Trim/Fillet command is the only way I have been able to get a "rotated" fitting.  I mainly work with the conduit, but the concept should be the same.  In my case, I draw in the riser, then draw the next horiz piece at the angle I want.  Then, cut a section at the same angle so that I can see both pieces.  Use the Trim/Fillet tool.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: julianjameson8403

I have the same question about rotating pipe fittings, especially Tees. Rotating them in a section view could be an easy way of getting it right, but is there an easy way to get the rotation center in the exact center of the pipe?

Using the routing solution is very useful when connecting pipes end to end, but not when you want to connect an end to a pipe run with a Tee.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Here's my approach:

Instead of installing the fitting, and then trying to rotate it, I place my branch piping where I want it and then use the "Trim/Extend to Corner" tool to complete the connection.

If my branch is high (or low) enough, Revit will make the connection with a tee and a 90 degree elbow.  If the elevation difference is less than the combined takeoff for those two fittings (this varries by fitting diameter/material) Revit will roll the tee 45 degrees and use a 45 degree elbow.

If the 45 degree option is want you want (regardless of elevation difference) then I think the best way is to come at it from a section view that is parallel to the branch, draw a  pipe aligned with the center of the main and rising/dropping at a 45 degree angle, and then use "Trim/Extend to Corner" to force Revit to complete the connection.

Long story short.....I like to place my pipe, and then make Revit create as many of the fittings and offsets as possible. Some might call me lazy (I prefer efficient), but I try to make the software do as much of my work for me as possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report