Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail View

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2404 Views, 6 Replies

Detail View

How do you change the view range in a detail view. I created the detail view off of a main plan and used a callout to create the enlarged plan. But i have duct work shown and it's not all showing up on the enlarged plan.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to go to view properties within that view and edit the view range.

or you can rightclick on the outline from the main plan and then go to element properties and edit the view range.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

shown is where the "view range is suppose to be but is not there.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

what did you use to create the detail view. If you use callout from the view design bar you get the view range option and have an enlarged area. see below...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

that's exaclty how i created the plan, but that not showing up for me.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

the only difference i see is that my properties say its a floor plan and your's says detail.

try when you choose callout to change your item type from detail to floor plan in the options bar pull-down. maybe that will help. It wont fix your old ones but your new ones will be able to change view range.
Message 7 of 7
harrisonwisti

This is confirmed to work in Revit 2023. Within the "View" ribbon, when selecting "Callout", either "Rectangle" or "Sketch"; after selecting, within the "Properties" window, selecting the drop down option allows for creation of both Floor Plans, where you can control the view depth & Callouts for detailing where you would not need this ability.

The difference when using the floor plan option is that the view will default show up as a "Floor Plan" in your project browser, so that when you are trying to look for it keep that in mind.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report