Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Monitor Issues Moving Fixtures

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
DaxTarantino
524 Views, 7 Replies

Copy Monitor Issues Moving Fixtures

I have copy and monitored fixtures from a linked model. I stopped monitoring after they came over.

I now need to move the fixtures just a little bit but get this error. Can this be quickly fixed or even if I can break the connection to all monitored fixtured at once so I can move them?

DaxTarantino_0-1598291291714.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hmunsell
in reply to: DaxTarantino

the error indicates your trying to copy something that is currently copy/monitored. 2 questions.... Are you sure you picking the correct element? Are you sure you picked Stop Monitoring for that element? 

can you post a full screen capture with the element selected (including ribbon, properties panel, etc... )

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
DaxTarantino
in reply to: hmunsell

I am just trying to move it.

DaxTarantino_0-1598292468020.png

Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

It appears that it is still holding onto something in monitoring even though it's not directly monitoring. Maybe a glitch, maybe something else.

Have you considered just making a new instance and deleting the errant one instead of messing around trying to fix this one?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 8
hmunsell

not a problem... just wanted to verify :-). looks like it is a Light Fixture and the properties say its not hosted to anything. interesting... i would think you should be able to move it based on what i'm seeing. is there any way you can upload the file (or part of the file) for us to look at?

have you tried saving to central, closing Revit and reopening? i know it sounds cliché, but...... 

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
DaxTarantino

I can you this file throughout my model. and works fine. It's just the basement level that has the issue. I am wondering if I should just delete the level and create it again.

Message 7 of 8
hmunsell

like @RobDraw suggests... if you have already stopped monitoring, delete it/them and copy one of the others that aren't having this issue in its place.

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
DaxTarantino

everyone!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report