Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appliances in linked file and MEP connections?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jdmwrxpower
111 Views, 1 Reply

Appliances in linked file and MEP connections?

Working in an MEP template. Linked in the Arch. 

I have gas fireplaces that I wanted to do the exhausting for. However, I quickly realized that when I am in the MEP template I can't select or click on any of these objects being in the Arch file. So then I copied the fireplace from the Arch and tried to Paste it in my MEP but because it wall hosted it isn't allowing me to paste in because I can't place it on the wall due to the arch being a background drawing and I don't have the option to change the host. Is there any work around for this? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
iainsavage
in reply to: jdmwrxpower

If you did copy the appliance to your model then you would end up with duplicate appliances in the same location.

What I did with plumbing appliances is have a dummy appliance family which contains only stubs which host the connectors. Family could be face hosted and will then attach to the linked wall face and you can drop it on top of the architect's appliance.

iainsavage_0-1671134098434.png

Alternatively, depending on the family category you can use copy/monitor to bring it into your model.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2022/ENU/Revit-C...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report