Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksets and central model problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
casomarco
1097 Views, 1 Reply

Worksets and central model problem

Hi, i'm having some trouble with worksets, i've seen a lot of vedeos and guides (autodesk's ones too) about that and i got how it works, the only problem I have is about the central model..

If I save the central model in my pc (for examle in Desktop)then I can collaborate with 2 sessions of revit opened (with different nicknames) on the same model, but if I try to collaborate with another pc it doesn't work.

I know I have to save the central model to a network or something similar to share it live with those who works with me on that model, but I can't manage to do that..I tryied with Dropbox and Drive but it doesn't work..

Online I just can't find a clear explaination of what kind of service should I use to save it and collaborate on the same model from different computers, any help to make it clear?

thanks for your help.

Marco

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Revit_Whisperer
in reply to: casomarco

All users need to be able to access the model in the same way in order for this to work.  Each user must have a unique user name as well and read write access to the file location.

Revit is very particular about how you access the central file...you can only create a local file in Revit by browsing to the central file location in the same way that it was created otherwise create new local will be grayed out.

So for example I saved my central file to my network using the following path:  \\Pc-sp01\g\_Support Testing\_S_Testing\Projects\2015\projectname.rvt

All users must get to this file the exact same way or they won't be able to create a local file through Revit.  

Example:

Path to Central

central.png

Can't create local because the path is different (ie using a mapped drive)

local.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report