Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultrabook for Revit LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1613 Views, 3 Replies

Ultrabook for Revit LT

I am looking at buying an Ultrabook for light use run  / view / ammend small (<50Mb) Revit models whilst out and about.

I would also like to be able to produce (20Mb files) / schematic designs using AutoCAD LT 2014 Excel Calc sheets, structural analysis software (BeamPal & Strand7) & SketchUp Pro. No gaming.

I wont be doing any rendering etc....

All heavy work will be done on my office T3610 desktop or M6800 'laptop'.

The questions are:

1. Can HD4400 / HD5000 / Nvidia GT730m run Revit LT / AutoCAD LT.....productively?

2. i5 or i7?

3. Anyone had / share experience of running Revit LT / AutoCAD LT on this sort of setup?

I am looking at:

Lenovo X1 Carbon i7 4550u or i7 4660u / 8GB Ram / HD5000  

Lenovo T440s i7 4600u / 8 to 12GB Ram / Nvidia GT730m

Any advice would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am also interested in this scenario - specifically Dell XPS 13/15 i7 to run Revit/AutoCAD LT as home licence.

Appreciate any comments on issues with integrated graphics...
Message 3 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hi , you can check from here if is  suitable to run autodesk software. hope it helps.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks for this yes have reviewed the stated minimum/ recommended requirements. The i7 processor with 8GB would appear fine and I appreciate that the integrated video wont be suitable to render and likely to fall over. I expect that 2D drafting would not be putting big demands on the graphics system ie "basic graphics" as described under Minimum/Entry Level requirements.

My question really was to ascertain in practical terms whether the software would be capable of opening, viewing and editing a model and associated sheet views. I have successfully opened a 50MB Revit model (drawing in 2012 from memory but not attempted to edit/ plot views.

Would be great to hear if anyone has experience of running a similar setup?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report