Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent Fill in Revit printing as Solid

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
IMCornish
2388 Views, 5 Replies

Transparent Fill in Revit printing as Solid

Recently, with help, I managed to produce 'areas' hatched with 'Fill Patterns' that had a transparent background such that data behind could be seen and not obscurred.  (See: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Fill-Pattern-Transparency/td-p/5019380 )

Sadly though when it comes to printing the drawings the transparency is lost so that I am back to 'square one' so to speak.  It has been suggested that I check that I have the latest iteration of software, I have Revit 2015 Update Release 2, and also that my Graphics driver is up to date.  Whilst Ihave an unsupported card, an Nvidia FX1700, it has the latest driver.  Having not found anything on the Revit Forum (there are some references to similar issues on the AutoCAD Architecture forum) I introduce this as a new topic in the hope of some help. I reproduce the two two images I used there. One shows a partial Revit Screen, the other shows as printed.

Fill Transparent.pngRevit 2015 Screen  Fill Solid.pngPrinted Output

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: IMCornish

I have one suggestion as a test. Is there another computer around with a different graphics card? If so, open this same Project and print from there - that should either rule out or confirm the source of the issue being the graphics card.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I wonder if a post i made a few days ago is connected in some way. Very different scenario, however issues with transparency and printing, traced to ambient shadows. haven't had any replies as yet but here is a link to my problem, i will let you know if anything crops up that may assist in your problem. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Transparent-Massing-amp-Ambient-Shadows-Glitch/m-p/...

Message 4 of 6
IMCornish
in reply to: Anonymous

Have looked at your post and would add that my problem stems from 'Area Plan' views where you cannot change the 'Graphic Display Options' so unlikely to be linked to 'Ambient Shadow' issues.  Interesting issue though, that I will keep my eye on.  Thank you for your interest.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 5 of 6
IMCornish
in reply to: CoreyDaun

No joy Corey, though I only have my Laptop as another machine to try it on. I'm stumped and very disappointed since having achieved exactly what I wanted with the transparent fill, I might as well have not bothered.Smiley Frustrated

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

bit late but have a look at the visual style setting for that view, I had the same problem when I would print and it was because I had my VS on xray not hidden line.

Cheers 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report