Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
165 Views, 1 Reply

Subscription

Hi,

Just wanted to know if I have to buy Revit initially before I subscribe to receive new versions as they come out. Or will they send me the full version if I start the subscription now?

I am also studying to get my Master's degree. If I have to buy Revit for subscription, will I be able to do that with a student copy and get updates and new versions annually? Thanks,
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In answer to your second question first: You cannot renew or update an student educational version. Student educational versions are treated the same as Not For Resale (NFR) versions. So you will have to invest in a full commercial license. When you purchase a full commercial license of Revit Building, just like many of the other Autodesk products, you can purchase a one year subscription, which will assure you all updates that may be released in that period. Also you get other perks, such as tutorials not offered the non-subscription population.

I might note here that Revit Building, unlike most of the other Autodesk software solutions, is not backward compatible. This means that you cannot save back to a prior version of Revit Building and no one with a prior version can open your later version project file.

Mel Persin, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report