Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Template Question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jsmet725
1358 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Template Question

Is there a way to create a combine Revit 2011 architecture, MEP and Structural template?

Joe Smetanko
WD Partners
Dublin,Ohio
(Windows 7)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
harlan_brumm
in reply to: jsmet725

Hi Joe,

You could do this using the transfer project settings tool.  You would need to have all three templates and start a new project using each, then transfer project standards from two of the projects into one.  There might be some overlap that will occur and you probably would need to do some clean up, but this should be do able if you have all three templates. 

When you finished tranfering project standards you can save the file as a template and you should be good to go.  I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has done this and if they ran into any problems with it though. 

Harlan Brumm
Sr Product Line Manager, Core Capabilities and Collaboration Services
Message 3 of 5
jsmet725
in reply to: harlan_brumm

I actually just tried the process you have described. I can indeed transfer project standards but as soon as I put MEP and / or structural Items into the project the SAVEAS Template option is no longer available. My only choice seems to be to saveas a  project file.

Joe Smetanko
WD Partners
Dublin,Ohio
(Windows 7)
Message 4 of 5
harlan_brumm
in reply to: jsmet725

Hi Joe,

This is a little strange. I am able to create a new template, open up a structural template, go back to the new template file and use transfer project standards and then save the file as a new template.  

If you try again and cannot save as a template, save the file as a project and then using windows explorer change the file extension on the newly saved project to .rte  This will make the project into a template.    

You can change any project rvt file into a template by doing this or the other way around (a template into a project). 

This can come in handy for families as well. 

Harlan Brumm
Sr Product Line Manager, Core Capabilities and Collaboration Services
Message 5 of 5
jsmet725
in reply to: harlan_brumm

Ok will try this.  Good info that i did not know!

Joe Smetanko
WD Partners
Dublin,Ohio
(Windows 7)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report