Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Add-In

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
46309 Views, 7 Replies

Remove Add-In

how do I remove an Add-in.  The name does not appear in the windows add and remove programs list.  It is called KCL CADalog.  Seems to slow down the "big R" functions and I want to get rid of it.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Steve,

Some user specific addins are located within the %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins folder.  

The alternative location for addins for all users is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\

If both the *.addin file and the associated *.dll files are in here you should be able to delete it, otherwise the *.addin file if opened will indicate the location of the dll.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

perfect. that worked.

Message 4 of 8
PaulFrancoisStorm

Instead of deleting it, change the extension to something Revit will not Recognize *.addoff, for instance. THen it will not load when revit is started. You can always toggle it on by changing it back to *.addin and restarting Revit. A real pity that Revit does not have an interface to exclude these tabs (like with their User Interface Options), as they can take over the ribbon. 

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

yes, very helpful. thanks

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

This still works in Revit LT 2022.

I tried to install the Nicety addin: https://apps.autodesk.com/en/Publisher/PublisherHomepage?ID=200809200165377

Each time I open Revit the add-in asked to open? But not able to use in Revit LT - same problem in Revit LT 2021 and Revit LT 2020

Message 7 of 8
Jason_Miller6

CTC tools was my culprit for Revit 2022. I went here C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2022 and changed CTC-BIM-Project-Suite.addin to CTC-BIM-Project-Suite.addoff. And DYnamo worked fine.

Message 8 of 8
Lehtinen5BZBJ

At least some add-ins' installers includes an option to remove the add-in from the computer. For example Autodesk Forma.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report