Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relinquishing elements

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jdcho
973 Views, 1 Reply

relinquishing elements

Here's a strange question ... I'm running 2011 revit architecture, and when you relinquish all elements, can you still have some minimal ownership?  Reason I ask, is that we have an employee that left and machines that were reshuffled because of that.  I set everybody's user name within revit and created all new local files.  But when we try to edit some elements, it's saying can't edit until (former employee) relinquishes elements (or something like that.)  I log in as him, found the local file and saved to central. 

Does saving to centrl relinquish all elements for that former employee?  Is there a way to purge out that user from the model?  One thing that I didn't mention is that the former employee created the model.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: jdcho

Did you save to central AND relinquish "all mine" from his computer? If you did, that should be good enough.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report