Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open drawing in Older version, Revit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
6962 Views, 5 Replies

open drawing in Older version, Revit?

Hi,

A drawing is done and saved using Revit 2014. I could not open it in Revit 2013!! And I got a message that this file cannot be open because it is saved I a later version of Revit (see the attachment).

How can I solve this? How can I open een file made in new version in older version and vise versa?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

No, you can not open a file in a previous version ...but viceversa yes...So if you have a file made in R2014 , you will not be able to open it in R 2013(or a file made in R 2013,once opened and saved in R2014 will be no more available in R 2013). But a file made in R 2013 can be opened in Revit 2014.

You have to keep this in mind when you plan to work in Revit.

I, personaly do not change the version till I do not made a lot of tests of the new one. When I do make the change I have to be sure that all the team (including the consultants-Revit Structure and MEP) can do this too...Usualy after an year after releasing the new version....

A sort of method that allows a newer version to open in an older one could be using Export to IFC from the new version and then opening the IFC in the previous version....but you will loose informations....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

this is nothing new revit has never had the ability to save down

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi,

I find this a real weak point in Revit. That makes exchanging information between companies or individuals more difficult.
Such a problem (almost) does not exist in Autocad.

thanks for the info.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Dear Darren: But for a beginner, this is a new issue.Smiley Happy
thanks

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

this isn't autocad so i don't know why your comparing the 2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report