Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Print Line Styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5579 Views, 4 Replies

Non Print Line Styles

I know that some objects can be turned off from printing but is it possible to create a line style that will not print?

Thad Broom, AIA

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use the or you can create a line with a color WHITE assigned to it. That will not print. Unfortunately Revit does not have the granular control that AutoCAD has , Then again it does not have layers.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

"sorry it should have said "< Invisible Lines > " the posting system messed up thinking it was HTML code
Message 4 of 5
Jason_S

What are you using the lines for that you wouldn't want them to plot?

If you want to keep a point for future reference you could use Reference Planes. 

< invisible lines > only show up when placing Masking or Filled Regions from what I recall.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jason_S

I wanted to create a grid similar to the guide grid on a sheet view to align my sections and details in a modular manner on a sheet as recommended by Condocs. I wanted lite blue dashed lines that didn't print.

Solved the problem by creating the grid in an annotation family that I then inserted into my title block sheet family. I created an instance visibilty parameter for it so I could turn it off and on in the project. Works great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report