Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material turns to grey instead of white as in setting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4589 Views, 4 Replies

Material turns to grey instead of white as in setting

Hi there,

I am new to revit and currently using revit architecture 2016. I have set my floor and wall material to be white color but it comes out as grey when i change the visual style to shaded. It is fine when i started the project but suddenly this problem occurs during we are updating the model.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

It probably has to do with the graphics options settings for your shaded view.

Depending on the settngs the shaded view will simulate the sun. Then it will depend on time of day and other sun settings what kind of light is used, the postiion and strength. This will affect (like in real life) you material appearance.

Settings.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

I will check on it. But does the sun setting affect on plan view as well? I thought it will not be affected since it is switched off.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

I have checked on the option but it failed. Any other reason that could trigger this problem? It was fine when I started it, but somehow it happens. I have tranfer project standards for wall types into new file and it works fine. the wall does shows the color as what I set it in the material editor which is white. when I changed the color to other color it will follow but doesnt work with white (as per attached image).

Message 5 of 5
Michael_Sandel
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe switching to the visual style of Consistent Colors will solve this problem.

Sincerely, Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report