Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer names created in conversion process to AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
585 Views, 4 Replies

Layer names created in conversion process to AutoCAD

We have a client with very strict layer name standards for AutoCAD.  I have created a .txt file for locating the Revit elements on the correct layers when converting to .dwg files.  The problem is the new layers created in AutoCAD during the conversion include a "3D" prefix which we then have to go in and manually eliminate.  Is there any way to avoid this, it totally disagrees with the client's naming standards?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

That does not happen unless someone intentionally types a modifier to the layer names in the "Modify DWG/DXF Setup" dialog box. There is a button named as "Add/Edit modifiers for all layers". I bet you that if you go there, you will find that it says "3D" there.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Great, this sounds like such a simple solution.  I have one problem however - where is the "Modify DWG/DXF Setup" dialog box?  I have gone through every setting menu and option I can find, and have not found it. 

Message 4 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

See attached image...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: LisaDrago

The previous post image was for 2012... It is available for 2011, not as user friendly but it is there....

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report