Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CREATE RCP PLAN, that dont show wall openings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2061 Views, 4 Replies

HOW TO CREATE RCP PLAN, that dont show wall openings

I am trying to show all the wall scones and light fxtures in my rcp plan, but i dont want to show any door or wall openings, i just want the walls to show up as solid/hatched  fills.

can some one help me with that.

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Anonymous

In your RCP view, what happens when you type VV? It should access the graphics interface where you can select or deselect anything you want to show or not show...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 5
LisaDrago

You will need to change your view range of that view - you will find it in the property pallet under extents. You will need to chnge the cut to above the door height. 

when you are on any plan the view is 'cut' and looking either down for a floor plan or up for a ceiling plan. So any openings that are 'cut' will show up - so to avoid this you need to change your 'cut' to above the doors.

I have attached am image for reference.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 4 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: LisaDrago

Lisa's approach is correct too. I am just used to RCP cuts where you see the opening headers but not the door swings for example...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 5 of 5
casquatch

I have a similar question. We are trying to show openings and doors, but we'd like to remove the header above the door? Is this possible?

So we'll put the cut plane down below our switches (so that they show in the Lighting Plan), we see all the doors and swings, but we'd like to remove the wall that is above the doors (like a plan view).

Or, if there is some way to get ceilings to show in a plan view, we'd just do that, but as far as I know, this is not possible either.

Thanks,

Casey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report