Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost Families

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mhans_usa
788 Views, 2 Replies

Ghost Families

Hi,

I created a 3D PDF from my Revit Project and to my surprise I found several families clustered outside my view. I checked visibility, I recounted all my families if I am missing an item. I checked the browser and see if using a "select all instance-entire project" would get them to show. Nope. How serious is this? Can I rely on the quantity count of Revit. I tried expanding section view, crop view, reveal hidden elements, temporary hide, etc., these cluster doesn't show up. I used Bluebeam to create a 3D PDF.

Thanks for shedding any light.

Manny

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: mhans_usa

Hello and Welcome to the discussion!

You must be using Bluebeam Revu 11 - right?

In release 11 there is a bug that causes this problem. I had notified them the day it was relased and they are working on a patch to fix it - it should be out in a week or two now. Below was their response to my problem:

Thanks for sending me those files and being patient as we ran some tests.  We've found an issue the plugin that is causing parts of the 3D PDF to move.  We're currently working to resolve this issue and should have a fix in Revu 11.1. 

I can send you an e-mail when 11.1 is released and that issue is resolved.  We are shooting to release it in about a month or so.  I hope that until then you can hold off on trying to create 3D PDFs through Revit.  If that's part of your normal workflow, I would recommend using Revu 10.2.3 until 11.1 is released. 

Just to note: this is not a Revit issue and Revit is very accurate in its tracking of components.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: mhans_usa

I wanted to let you  know that they just released Bluebeam Revu 11.1!!!

here is the link: Bluebeam Update

I have tried it and it works great once again....

Do the update and give it a try.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report