Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
441 Views, 2 Replies

Fonts

Anyone have a good font recommendation? We purchased "ARchitxt," but of course our consultants don't have it, so when they open our files the text defaults to Simplex. Needless to say it looks bad.

Basically I'm looking for a good, common, possibly FREE font suggestion that has a handwritten architectural style. Any help is much appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

why not just send them the font?

--
Brian Earsley
www.arete3.com
18645 South West Creek Drive
Tinley Park, Illinois 60477
708.342.1250 x.225
wrote in message news:5613756@discussion.autodesk.com...
Anyone have a good font recommendation? We purchased "ARchitxt," but of
course our consultants don't have it, so when they open our files the text
defaults to Simplex. Needless to say it looks bad.

Basically I'm looking for a good, common, possibly FREE font suggestion that
has a handwritten architectural style. Any help is much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Many years back I purchased architectural SHX fonts for AutoCAD. To be precise, according to my original invoice was June 26, 1993, almost 14 years. The reason of the purchase was AutoCAD did not support microsofts True Type fonts, but did suppot Adobe PostScript back in AutoCAD release 12.

The company was Digital Architect Software Co. out of Independence, MI. The big attraction back then was this company had developed a set of SHX and True Type version. This allowed users to have the same looking font in both AutoCAD and Microsoft documents. The fonts for AutoCAD where Archfast, Archquik, Architxt, Archtitl, Monofast, Monoquik, Monoarch, Monotitl and Arstencl. Notice the mono-fonts since AutoCAD did not have the ability to equalize the spacing in the Dynamic Text command and the Arstencl for producing an outline font.

There were a similar set of nine True Type matching fonts for Microsoft and other Windows based applications that used True Type fonts.

I still have the original software on 3 1/2" floppy disk, packaging and instructional info, plus it has been my AutoCAD SHX and True Type font in my practice for the past 14 years and my Revit drawing font for the past five years. The bottom line is that I have attempted to located this company and searched high and low for any connection that they were purchased by another company to no avail. So I believe that makes their fonts freeware at thsi time.

If you would like a copy of these fonts send me an email at my mel.persin@masterg.com with you name, company name, City and State, and email address.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report