Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batten Insulation - System Wall - Section

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
6800 Views, 3 Replies

Batten Insulation - System Wall - Section

Has anyone setup a system wall so that it in a section view it automatically
shows batten insulation? See attached image for example. I know about the
Insulation drafting command. I understand the potential file size and
performance issues. I came close to creating one, but I was having
difficulties with positioning the batten insulation with the correct scale
and angle.
--
Mark Mates
www.prosoftnet.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Rather than start a new topic can this be done.

Draw a wall with the squiggly insulation line in the cavity...........

My colleage is using ArchiCad 15 and can do it easily

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

This is a long-standing Wishlist request.

The only idea I have ever come up with is to try to use a custom hatch pattern using an app like Hatch22

from Mertens 3D. You would have to make very small segmented straight lines to form the curves, because the app

can't use curves/splines/arcs to create .pat files.

Perhaps you could try out the Hatch22 app (which is free ) and see if you can make it work.

cheers

Message 4 of 4
rosskirby

To add to what Cliff said, you'd have to make a special pattern for it, and the pattern would probably have to be a model pattern, and thus you'd need a separate pattern for each size insulation.  The problem with that is if you do any quantity take-offs.  Since technically the studs and insulation occupy the same "layer" within the wall, you could only set that layer as either insulation or studs, not both, which would be a problem if you were doing any quantity/material take-offs.

In truth, you're better off using the insulation drafting tool for several reasons.  You may not want the insulation to go all the way to the top of the wall.  You may not want the insulation to be the full width of the stud (say a 12" stud wall with 6" insulation), because with the insulation set as the cut pattern for the material, it's going to show up in the whole stud cavity, not just part of it).  I'm sure there are a number of other reasons to not have it natively part of the wall, but those are just off the top of my head.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report