Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architectural window surrounds

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
426 Views, 2 Replies

Architectural window surrounds

Please can someone help me with this:-
I have created some architectural window surrounds for my families. I have modeled each piece of stonework including the masonry joints separately. The probem is that I cannot apply reference planes and dimenions to work correctly. What I need to be able to do is resize this model in both height and width when I need to but cannot seem to acheive this. I am sure it is my lack of understanding of Revit so can someone please point me in the right direction. Please find attached screen shot in pdf format of the model window surrounds in question.

regards

Paul-Y
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would start by downloading the Families Tutorial from the AutoDesk site and working thru the window exercise. You can do that in about an hour and it would answer most of your questions.

Thad Broom, AIA
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Look into those tutorials and check on nested families especially. I find they work better for things like headers and sills.
So you would have a family for your header that would have a paramater in it for width and when you load it into the window family you can align one side and the top of the header then link the width parameter from the header to the window's width.
It is also easier to do this if you follow the rules of family making:

Start by laying out reference planes
name the reference planes
add dimensions
Create and link parameters to those dimensions
flex - meaning change the dimensions in the Types dialog box - this test them to see if they move as they should
Now you are ready to add geometry - flex after each piece of geometry

this should get you going

Donnia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report