Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use Top & Base Constraints option in Stacked Walls ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ansaryashiq
187 Views, 4 Replies

Why can't I use Top & Base Constraints option in Stacked Walls ?

While using Stacked Walls in Revit either 2021 or 2022 . All the options are available to edit except Top & Base Constraints. If there is option provided but Can't able to access( Grayed out ) means What's the use of that option ?

Tags (2)
Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jay_colcombe
in reply to: ansaryashiq

This is simply because you have not set any unlocked layers in the Base Wall Family used in the Stacked Wall.

You need to edit the Wall used in the Stacked Family and use Modify to unlock the Top Bottom Constraints for it to be available in the Stacked Wall.

jay_colcombe_0-1695712196282.jpeg

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 5

Those "Top" and "Base" columns in the dialog box are not the same concept as "Top and Base constraints" as you said. Those values show the relation between two walls at the point where they join. You can create vertical offsets in between walls. Once you enter values, some other values become not editable. For example:

2023-09-26_6-49-13.png

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 5
ansaryashiq
in reply to: jay_colcombe

Thank you my query cleared now
Message 5 of 5

Thank you my query cleared now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report