Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall properties

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
prithabhandari09
314 Views, 8 Replies

Wall properties

If I am using Revit I use to duplicate walls in order to change its material and textures if there are different walls in a project, & if client allows us to change the texture of the walls in quick time then we need to rework resulting slow process where as i even use Archicad & its quick in time being to change those wall settings, are there any process to make quicker for this issue? If not so,are there any rework or revise plan working for this issue to make the user a quicker work to work effectively?

Even sometimes for instance we need to built a different height of wall if wall ht to ceiling is about 3m and we need to put a tile of ht 1.2m then, is there any quick process to solve this issue as I use to add extra wall and break it if there's a door or window and readjust the height.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: prithabhandari09

You can use Split Face then Paint different materials.

Message 3 of 9

Everything you are describing is relatively easy to do in Revit. It's pretty rudimentary stuff really.  But still requires some familiarity with the software.  Are you new to Revit?  Sounds like you are an ArchiCAD person trying to figure out Revit in a hurry.      

Message 4 of 9
prithabhandari09
in reply to: ToanDN

If that so whats about the differences of height of tile if in 3000mm the tile should be kept for 1200mm we need to add extra layer else any solution?
Message 5 of 9

Yes I am new to Revit its just I want to know the quick process like if we attend zoom with client and if client says to change this and that then need to do quick because what we create is not final so need to deal with that in less time so
Message 6 of 9

@prithabhandari09 wrote:
Yes I am new to Revit its just I want to know the quick process like if we attend zoom with client and if client says to change this and that then need to do quick because what we create is not final so need to deal with that in less time so

Now it sounds like you are describing Design Options. That's intermediate to advanced stuff.  Maybe you should just make a copy of the Model off to the side and modify that one.  That'll be fine for your Zoom meeting. 

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

@prithabhandari09 wrote:
If that so whats about the differences of height of tile if in 3000mm the tile should be kept for 1200mm we need to add extra layer else any solution?

It depends on the level of detail you want. 

- You can split face the 3 m wall at 1.2 m and paint the lower 1.2 m of the wall with a tile material

- You can create parts from the wall, divide parts at 1.2 m and chang the part material (and thickness if needs be) to a tile material

- You can model the 1.2 m of tile as a wall sweep

- You can model the 1.2 m of tile a s a 1.2 m thin wall

- You can modify the wall assembly layers and split region to create the 1.2 m tile

Message 8 of 9
prithabhandari09
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you for your answer and I am sorry for taking your time for this stuffs
Message 9 of 9
ToanDN

@prithabhandari09 wrote:
Thank you for your answer and I am sorry for taking your time for this stuffs

No apology necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report