Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vray renders in revit, image very distorted

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jonathan_2
1315 Views, 6 Replies

Vray renders in revit, image very distorted

Hello,

On my Revit file (Revit 2021), I set 10 cameras. I tried to render each of them on Revit without any issue.

To increase the output quality, I have done the same with the Vray plugin. Only 2 cameras have this issue: an image very distorted that we cannot recognize anything (picture joint). Each camera was set in the same manner with a perspective view.

I tried to move a camera which worked. If I move the focus point and the camera simultaneously, it would still work. Otherwise (moving only one, or rotating) it provides the same error. I have also tried to set a new camera, but it gives the same error.

I have not anymore idea. If you do, please help me.

The revit view (other settings are exactly the same than camera which works, when i do not move them):

On revitOn revitOn Vray plugginOn Vray pluggin

Thank you

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan_eu
in reply to: jonathan_2

What a beautiful image 😄
I don´t use Vray for Revit, only for 3DsMax, but good to know you guys are giving it a try!

Alan Araújo
Comunidade de Usuários Autodesk
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Message 3 of 7
barthbradley

Actually. I know exactly what is happening. I have seen this before on numerous episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.  As soon as you drop out of warp speed, all will be better.  There will be a momentary loss of gravity followed by a strange and overwhelming urge to stroke a Vulcan's earlobe.   It'll  pass though. Be patient.  

God's speed to you.

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

...wait a minute! Did you take the red pill or the blue pill? It could be worse than I thought.  Ever hear of the "rabbit hole"?  You may be end for quite a ride.  Good luck.    

Message 5 of 7
jonathan_2

hahaha! Thank you for your support (mainly moral) 🙂

I have found the reason of this issue. The V-ray plugin takes a focus point (hidden behind the camera parameters). When the focus point moves behind the camera, it provides something like that.

For those who meet the same problem, just check your focus point in the v-ray plugin.

Message 6 of 7
alan_eu
in reply to: barthbradley

For Time and space travel, we should use wormhole lol @barthbradley 

Good to know you found the solution @jonathan_2 

Could you show us some vray render with Revit? 🙂

Alan Araújo
Comunidade de Usuários Autodesk
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Message 7 of 7
jonathan_2
in reply to: alan_eu

Rendering on Revit permits to fully used the RPC (trees, cars, people,...) the exportation doesn't work.

I have done lots of renders, you can see few examples below. None of them were modified afterward.

9. garden.png9. Cafeteria.png9_night_carpark.png

In short, V-ray on Revit is sufficient, even if it is more limitated than on 3DS max. It does a good job, happy of it.

Good continuation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report