Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling materials of system mullions, how?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GiedreSkucaite
553 Views, 5 Replies

Scheduling materials of system mullions, how?

Hi, 

We need to schedule the different materials of the system mullions. We cannot get the material parameter in any of the schedule types, even the mullions have a material parameter. I cannot find any information about that. 

Do you know any good way how to schedule the materials of the mullions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

So, you want to sort and group the mullions in the schedule by their material, or are you wanting a MTO for the mullion material?  The later is not possible in Revit.  

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: GiedreSkucaite

Add the Material name to the mullion Type name, Type Comments, or Description, them use it to sort the schedule.
Message 4 of 6
GiedreSkucaite
in reply to: ToanDN

That is a bit "broken" workaround. I would like to get "material" parameter from mullion families listed. So then we change in family it is updated automatically in the schedule. In this option we would need to go manually in each family, change type name etc. 

It is really frustrating sometimes that these easy function in revit is not available for some reason and you need to look, spend time on workarounds

Message 5 of 6
esk0r
in reply to: GiedreSkucaite

OK so today I came across this problem and eventually hacked my way a solution:
I created a shared parameter (Material type), named it "Material_" and applied it to the curtain wall mullion category only (as a type parameter).
Then I created a dynamo script that my users can run with dynamo player to copy the value of the built-in Material parameter to the custom one (which I can add to a mullion schedule without issues), and it totally works.
Users just need to rerun the script if there are changes to mullion materials, but it's the best hack I could come up with so far 🙂

esk0r_0-1665055020064.pngesk0r_1-1665055056264.png

Rene Pellicer Garcia
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
esk0r
in reply to: esk0r

By the way, in Revit 2022 or newer, you can do a QTO schedule and select CW Mullions as an option (not available in previous versions of Revit), and you can schedule materials for mullions in there.

Rene Pellicer Garcia
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report