Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROOM in NEW CONSTRUCTION phase

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
raysanziaei
843 Views, 4 Replies

ROOM in NEW CONSTRUCTION phase

I am trying to set up rooms for my new construction drawing-new floor plan-. when I click on the room, it shows the existing room. How can this be fixed? 

the highlighted area is the new room and I want the room to show this but for some reason it shows the room (blue fill which is the existing room) whenever I click on this area.  

raysanziaei_1-1620086252940.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: raysanziaei

Use Room Separator Lines around the Perimeter of the Room.

...h'mm, maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying that there is already a Room there? That you want the yellow highlighted area to be one Room?  Find and remove the bounding element. If it's a Wall, uncheck its "Room Bounding" Property.  

Message 3 of 5
devegesahan

as I understand the room is not occupy wall boundary .am I correct ?

there might be existing room separation lines .Find and delete those lines.

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU

@raysanziaei

Rooms as Phase related/dependent. Maybe you should re-sort out the existing rooms and their bounding elements according to Phases. Then when you are working in new construction you won't have the existing rooms bothering you?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
raysanziaei
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes. I wanted the yellow area to be the room. Walls are unbounding in the existing floor plan. When you say bounding elements, you mean the bounding walls? or what other things are we referring as bounding elements? Room separators are also bounding elements, right? 

Thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report