Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Dynamo Door Tag Suffix

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jcst0001
1651 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Dynamo Door Tag Suffix

Hi,

I am new at this- so here goes nothing.

I’ve tried a couple of different tutorials- I was successful with setting the door tag set with the “To Room” number, but unsuccessful with adding the letter suffix. For example: Doors that are attached to Room 100 all of their door tags will change to 100 (instead of just being 1,2,3 etc.). I would like to have them labeled as 100A,100B,100C if there are multiple doors in a room instead of just showing up as 100, 100, 100. I’m unsure of where I’ve gone wrong - I see it in the watch list, but the results aren't showing up.

Here are some tutorials I’ve followed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk9ER_QrdOs&t=384s

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/add-suffix-to-duplicate-door-numbers/12242

Below is my tree and the results in Revit:

Capture.PNGroom test.PNG

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jcst0001
in reply to: jcst0001

Nevermind! I got it, close her up boys. 😎

Message 3 of 6

Can you tell how you fixed it and what the final string looked like?

Message 4 of 6

Final String:

jcst0001_0-1615908278316.png

I got the python scripts from some of the tutorials.

It's not totally perfect, but it works. If it gives you issues: detach a node - "Run" the chain, and then reattach and run the chain again. 

How to use the Auto Door Tag:

Make sure the rooms are already tagged and place the doors with the “tag on placement” on.

Double click one of the doors, and this will be shown in the properties tab (do this for every type of door if you have different types):

jcst0001_1-1615908456307.png

Check the Room Calculation Point box.

Next go the Ground Floor Plan of the door and make sure it looks like this:

jcst0001_2-1615908456312.png

This will be the setting for all the doors that are the same type, having room calculation on will let Dynamo know what room to associate the door with.

Open Dynamo in the Manage tab and then Open the Auto Door Tag program within Dynamo

Click Run and the tags should be placed.

Before:

jcst0001_3-1615908456316.png

After:

jcst0001_4-1615908456321.png

Message 5 of 6
jmanriqueCUFE3

Hi, thanks for your example it was just what I was looking for so far,

right now I'm stuck with the second python script due to I'm new in python Idk how to add that suffix to every repeated item, could you post the image of the script? or explaining the process or point where im messing up the script ill attachd an image of the code so far, would be really helpful for me.

Message 6 of 6
cevansAQE8R

See attached, the sort by key node gets the list and the elements in the same order. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report