Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pan Function Mouse

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3009 Views, 9 Replies

Pan Function Mouse

Hi! 🙂

I try to change the pan settings from the middle mouse button to the right mouse button. Is it possible to do it?

Would be cool for any help.

Marius

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
BIMAbhi
in reply to: Anonymous

You can assign a shortcut command for PAN option form View > User Interface > Keyboard Shortcuts. It will may be helpful to you.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just wondering why?

You will lose out on all right click functionality...unless you assign a dual command, such as shift+right mouse button.

Message 4 of 10
octavio2
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Which  one is the command in the Keyboard Shortcut t hat is the same as the PAN at the bottom of of the 2D Wheel?

Reason I ask: I assigned to the PAN ACTIVE VIEW in the Keyboard Shortcut the word PAN and still is not working, so I assume that there has to be a command equal to the PAN in the Wheel.  The wheel is OK but it requires a lot of steps just for one pan.

Message 5 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: octavio2

PAN ACTIVE VIEW only works when you are in an active view on a Sheet.  I don't think there are any keyboard shortcut equivalents to middle button mouse PAN.  Keyboard and mouse mechanism aren't the same for this particular functionality.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
RIPENG
in reply to: ToanDN

Mashing down the scroll wheel on a plain jane mouse to activate the Pan function so much on a recent job got my hand howling that there must be a better way.

Tested against Revit version: 2019

The Better-Way-To-Pan (BWTP) workflow in 2D or 3D view:

1. Hold Shift key

2. Hold Right Mouse key

3. Release Shift key

4. Pan.

The Better-Way-To-Orbit (BWTO) workflow in 3D view:

1. Hold Shift key

2. Hold Right Mouse key

3. Orbit.

The operator can shift between Pan and Orbit by engaging and disengaging the Shift key after entering BWTP or BWTO.

Regards,

Jake

Message 7 of 10
RobDraw
in reply to: RIPENG

A simpler solution is the navbar:

Navbar.jpg

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 10
wsa159
in reply to: RIPENG

I really also think this navigation mode by pressing the scroll is very strange and bad, I prefer it like navigation on Miro, and on other platforms that require panning, it is generally used with the right mouse button, it requires less effort and results in less effort injury. repetitive.

Message 9 of 10
RSomppi
in reply to: wsa159

There is the IDEAS forum for new feature requests.

Message 10 of 10
RIPENG
in reply to: wsa159

Thanks for the feedback.

@wsa159 wrote:

...it requires less effort and results in less effort injury. repetitive.

Agreed.

-Jake

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report