Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Student Needs Error Assistance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ed.dobryG8ZRL
162 Views, 3 Replies

New Student Needs Error Assistance

First, thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I'm designing a home in Revit 2022 for my CAD III introduction to Revit class. I am getting some strange errors when I try to place a 2x4 ACT system. I also tried other ceiling options, and everything gives me the same error descriptions. Hopefully someone can solve this issue for me. I am a student studying industrial design, so be plain and direct. Below are the errors I am getting:

1.   Can't make Extrusion.

2.   The constraints of the sketch defining the highlighted element cannot be satisfied.

3.   Ceiling sketch is invalid.

4.   None of the created elements are visible in Reflected Ceiling Plan: Second Floor View. You         may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan       Regions and their settings.

Any further questions or comments, please post them. Thanks.

Ed

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Go around the perimeter walls and make the surfaces contiguous.  A lot of them are not aligned properly.  Also, some walls are orientated in the wrong direction.  

Ceiling1.pngCeiling2.png

Message 3 of 4

...or sketch the ceiling yourself since Revit can't figure out how to do it automatically.   

Message 4 of 4

Thank you very much, gonna try now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report