Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Revit 2015 Compatible with OS X Yosemite and Parallels?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1122 Views, 3 Replies

Is Revit 2015 Compatible with OS X Yosemite and Parallels?

Hi,  I have been running the student version of Revit 2013 on my Mac using Parallels 8 for a few years now.  My university has upgraded to Revit 2015 and since Revit is not backwards compatible, I am trying to upgrade my desktop to Revit 2015 to work seemlessly between school and home.  When trying to download 2015 I keep getting an error that states that the "Operating System is Incompatible".  Having looked again at the system requirements, I made the following changes:

1) Upgraded Parallels to version 10

2) Upgraded to OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 from 10.8 something

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium through Parallels and have more than enough storage and memory.  Is Revit 2015 simply not compatible with Yosemite?  The system requirements stated Mavericks 10.9.1 but I assumed a newere OS would work.  Was I wrong?  Am I missing anything else?

Thanks,

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
thamizhz
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: thamizhz

Thank you for your reply. Although I have checked that multiple times I finally realized that I do not have enough RAM for the parallels configuration. I have 8GB and it requires 16. I wonder though why it requires so many given that the minimum for a PC set up is only 4GB.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: thamizhz

That does not fully answer my question regarding if it will be supported by Yosemite, as it does not say "or newer" after Mavericks.  Also, would I be able to run it (all be it, slower) with an i5 processor?  Or would it not let me install it without the i7?

Thank you again, Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report